Easy ways to check if your have been given admission or not, How to Confirm Your JAMB Admission Status
The JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal is now active. What is the procedure for checking my JAMB admission status? How do I accept or reject a JAMB CAPS admission offer? Has the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) begun to issue admissions? Do you have any of these questions as a JAMB candidate? You’ll learn how to check your JAMB admission status on your JAMB profile via the JAMB CAPS site, as well as how to accept or reject an admission offer if one has been extended to you. Follow the procedures below to check your JAMB Admission status.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status on Your JAMB Profile and Accept or Reject Your Admission Offer Using JAMB CAPS
- Go to the JAMB eFacility Portal to access the JAMB portal. (We suggest using a laptop or desktop computer, or the Chrome browser on your smartphone.)
- Use your email address and password to log in.
- Then go to Check Admission Status and click it.
- Do not be concerned if the website merely displays Welcome. Simply change the view of the page from Mobile View to Desktop View using the settings icon on your phone’s browser (found in the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome). On the left panel, select Admission Status.
- Check to see if you have been admitted after your information has been successfully loaded.
- You’ll see that the Accept Admission and Reject Admission buttons are active if you’ve been accepted. The buttons will appear faint if this is not done. By clicking on the corresponding option in your Admission Profile, you can now accept or reject your admission offer.
NB: You may not notice the option to check your Admission Status on JAMB CAPS if you are using a phone. The welcome message may be the only thing that most phone users see. Because you must view the entire website in desktop mode, the caps page simply shows the welcome message. This is why, if you’re on a phone, the Chrome browser is advised. All you have to do is go to Chrome’s settings and select request desktop site to see the entire page, as described in the steps above.
Please Note: Successfully admitted candidates are recommended to declare their acceptance or rejection of admission online as soon as possible to allow their admission to be processed.
Candidates who have not been offered admission should use JAMB CAPS to track their status.
Candidates who selected “awaiting result” during registration must upload their O’Level results to the JAMB portal so that their preferred university can process their application. Follow the steps below:
How can I upload my O’Level results to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)?
- Visit the nearest accredited JAMB CBT center, JAMB office, or JAMB registration center/café.
- Make sure you bring a copy of your O’level results (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB), as well as the email address you used to register online and your JAMB profile code.
- When you arrive, submit a request for your O’level results to be uploaded to the JAMB portal.
On the JAMB CAPS Portal, the meaning of JAMB Admission Status Messages
If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal is “NOT ADMITTED,” it’s possible that your preferred school has yet to provide JAMB the suggested list of admitted applicants. However, if your preferred school’s admission list has been issued but your admission status on CAPS Portal remains “NOT ADMITTED,” it merely implies that you were not considered for admission to that school.
If your Admission Status is “RECOMMENDED,” it means that while your school of choice has evaluated you for admission, JAMB is still assessing your application to verify that it meets all of the necessary requirements set forth by both your school of choice and JAMB.
If you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…,” it means you have met the prerequisites to be admitted to your preferred school but have not yet been considered for admission owing to issues such as admission quota, ELDS, male-to-female ratio, and so on. This means that if some other candidates who were offered admission to the institution decide to decline, you may have a chance of getting accepted.
So, if you haven’t been accepted, your best bet is to keep checking the portal in the hopes that your admission status changes.
Other Options for Checking Your JAMB Admission Status
Follow the steps below to check your results immediately from the JAMB E-facility page:
- The JAMB eFacility Portal can be found here.
- Use the same username and password you used to register for JAMB to access your JAMB profile.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down to the Check Admission Status tab and click it.
- Choose your exam year and fill in the required section with your JAMB registration number.
- Finally, check your admission status by clicking Check Admission Status.
Note: If your school has not yet released its admission list, it will say “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag “Admission Status.” In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button. So, the best you can do in this situation is to be patient.
Create New Post