Politics: Reps urge completion of Abuja-Keffi, Keffi-Makurdi roads Daily Parrot

HOUSE of Representatives Committee on Works has urged the  Federal Government to complete Abuja-Keffi and Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia-Makurdi roads next April.

Committee Chairman, Abubakar Kabir Abubakar, spoke when his committee inspected projects handled by China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC).

Abubakar said the project was an important as it connects Abuja to Nasarawa and Benue states, going to Enugu State.

He said the $542 million project, was counter-funded by China Exim Bank and Nigeria.

Abubakar noted that the Chinese were contributing 85 per cent funding, and Nigeria the remaining 15 per cent.

The chairman said “there should be no compromise in terms of quality, standard and time delivery” .

Read Also: Federal roads: Buhari seeks approval to reimburse Yobe, Kebbi, Taraba

Federal Ministry of Works assured the project would be delivered on time.

An official of the ministry’s Road Sector Development Team, Henry Usor, said it was 72 per cent completed.

“The job would be completed on time, going by the progress… we should complete it in April 2023,” Usor said.

He said the road would cut travel time and reduce accidents.

The Project Manager, Li Qaingqiang, also assured the project would be completed next April, saying it would create 3,000 jobs.

Usor said the project was awarded in 2017 but work started in 2019.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *